Saturday, November 14, 2009

Silly People

I have a question for everyone. No matter if you're a boy or a girl, do we care about what we look like? Now I understand there are those people who "don't care what they look like because they don't care what anyone thinks" but no matter what, everyone tends to have those days where they wake up look in the mirror and realize they don't want to wear this, or don't want their hair to look this way, etc... But we always care what people think, if we didn't care what people thought why get dressed at all. I feel like I'm just rambling, but for all of the differences that I have seen between men and women since I have been in this class I can't help but have the things that makes us all alike.

Now my article that I am supposed to read this week is about women in hip-hop. As we all know we have the women like Ciara, Keri Hilson, and Beyonce that are there for their beauty, bodies, and ability to sing. But what about the Lil' Kims, Missy Elliots, and Foxy browns? These women are pioneers of the hip-hop generation and they did, well a most of em, have done this with their words and not their bodies. I really enjoy it seeing this type of stuff because I listen to these women as often as I do Lil' Wayne. So there is so many things that are allowed to women nowadays. If you can be a successful female rapper, what's stopping you from being anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment