Sunday, October 11, 2009

October 10th

So this week I was out in Missouri seeing my family that just moved back to America. It was great... but a few things I saw reminded me of this class. First off, we were in wal-mart and my mom refused to pay for the groceries she had got with my dad. She wasn't arguing with the cashier, she was arguing with my dad about the fact that she just bought dinner and didn't want to pay. I guess the whole "what's yours is mine and whats mine is yours" rule didn't mean anything to my mom when she married my dad some 20 odd years ago. But he called her a bitch in public in a joking manner. Only because there wasn't anyone in Wal-Mart at the time and he was doing this in a joking manner. My mother really took offense to this, but the cashier who happened to be a woman thought it was hilarious. I thought to myself, is that where we are in the world today, that a man can call a woman a bitch in front of another woman and she just laugh about it. My mom knew he was joking and didn't think much of it. But she did grab my hand on the way out and whispered to me "he may have called me a bitch, but I didn't pay for this shit." I LOVE MY MOM for silly ass reasons such as this.

I also went to a strip club this weekend with my brother for the first time. Now unlike many other men, I like to sit in the back of the place and just watch. I'm never the type to go up and grab on these girls, first of all I don't have enough confidence for that type of stuff, and second of all... they're nasty. But as I was watching I realized that even though these women are int he most provacative positions any woman can be in, they're in total control. They can make a man do whatever they want from where they are. So even though woman don't seem to think they control things and that it's a mans world. Look around and you'll see that their isn't that much truth to it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kale. Thanks for sharing but I have to disagree about the strip club. You are looking at women who are TOTALLY controlled by the men. They are usually uneducated, drug users, single moms, etc. who find that selling their body for $1 is the only way they can support themselves (and usually their children). Stripping is in no way liberating my friend.

    ReplyDelete